Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

I have so much to be thankful for this year. The most important is that we were blessed with our first two grandchildren this year - a girl and a boy - life couldn't be better! We are truly thankful.
Now, for the crafty-stuff... Two dear friends knew that I was looking for a dress form to use that would work as a model for my purse photos. They found this one for me at a nearby shop and she works great! Thanks girls!!! I bought a new outfit for her at my local Goodwill shop, so the price was perfect. I hope to photograph her modeling some pretty new purses soon. Just can't think of the perfect name for her though... Any suggestions?
And just as I thought I was getting caught up on my Christmas projects, new orders came in. First, a batch of zippered bags - these are all pretty pastel colors with dolphins leaping through the waves - so serene...
And I've had requests for some more flex-frame pouches. The black one on the left is for an iPhone. The customer requested plain black (for a man), but I had to add a smidgen of style with the grey stitching. Black on black is just too boring... The one on the right is for eyeglasses - just love that ladybug fabric!
I've also been asked to come up with some unique cases for iPhones and iPads, based on the customer's specific requirements. Don't know exactly how this will turn out, but I've got my thinking cap on and I'll see what I can come up with. I love challenges, and I'm sure I'll come up with something that he'll be happy with.
In the meantime, Happy Thanksgiving and thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. I have a friend who has a dress form and her name is Doris so I always think all dress forms as Doris now....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous, Kathy ... I would love to have a dress form but they're just too expensive.

    Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

Comments from my readers make me smile!