Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tasting Table Tuesday, Pennsylvania Mountain Quilts

Today I finished the Hobo Bag I showed you on Sunday, but not before the sunlight was gone. I'll try and get some pictures tomorrow.

My Tasting Table is a mess right now, and I don't have anything organized well enough to share with you today, so here are some pictures from a previous project instead.

This is a series of three quilts I made, all for the same customer. She wanted quilts to give as baby gifts to new mothers who had moved away from this area, and wanted the quilts to remind them of their hometown. So each quilt is done in a different color scheme, but each depicts the beautiful mountains here in the Pennsylvania Wilds.

For each quilt, I started with a batik fabric for the border that incorporated the colors requested by my client. Then I pulled in various light fabrics for the sky, and medium/darks for the mountains. I arranged the colors from lightest at the top, to dark at the bottom. My client was very pleased with the results, and I hope the new moms and their babies were too.



1 comment:

Comments from my readers make me smile!