Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Grilled Salmon

One of my blogging friends just published a post about her love of salmon.  That got me yearning for an old recipe that I haven't made in a year or so - the best salmon recipe I've ever tried.  It was given to me by my sister-in-law and it's heavenly.  I don't think she'll mind if I share it with you.
If you're reading this Jean(ie), this one's for you!  Enjoy!

Grilled Lemon Salmon


2 tsp. fresh dill or 3/4 tsp. dill weed
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 1/2 lbs. salmon fillets
1/4 c. packed brown sugar
3 tbsp. chicken broth
3 tbsp. vegetable oil
3 tbsp. soy sauce
3 tbsp. green onion, chopped
2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. lemon peel
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small lemon, thinly sliced
2 onion slices, break into rings


  • Sprinkle dill, salt, pepper over salmon.
  • Place into large ziploc bag or glass container
  • Combine brown sugar, broth, oil, soy sauce, green onions, lemon juice, lemon peel and garlic.
  • Pour over salmon.
  • Seal and refrigerate for 1 hour, turning once.
  • Drain and discard marinate.


To Cook:


  • Prepare outdoor grill with medium-hot coals, or heat gas grill to medium-hot.
  • Oil grill.
  • Place salmon skin side down onto grill.
  • Arrange lemon and onion slices on top.
  • Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
  • Can also be baked in a 375 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.

I have to admit that I seldom make this recipe exactly as written.  I make substitutions for whatever I don't have on hand at the time, but it's always good!

1 comment:

  1. OOOH, that sounds absolutely yummy! I'll have to remember that.

    Thanks for thinking of me!

    ReplyDelete

Comments from my readers make me smile!