Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tasting Table Tuesday - A Production Line!

Remember this laptop sleeve I made for my daughter?  With this pattern by KeykaLou?
Well, it was a hit.  She loves it - and so do all the other teachers she works with!
So I need to make more - LOTS more!  :)

I'm making fifteen of them - a few more than I think we'll need, but that will give the teachers more of a selection to choose from.  Whatever is left over - if any - will get listed in my Etsy shop.  I'll mention it here on my blog if I have any left over to list - probably in mid/late October.

It's really been fun picking out all the fabric combinations for these sleeves.  I already had some of them in my stash, and I bought several new ones during my shopping trip last week.  I can't pick a favorite - I love them all!  (I know I should list what each fabric is, but I'm too tired to go downstairs and write them all down tonight.  But if you'd like to know what any of them are, just leave a comment and ask - I'd be happy to identify them for you.  The smaller fabric in each picture is the lining.)
One of the teachers is male, so I even ordered a piece from the Curious Nature collection by Parson Gray/David Butler (third row far right).  I've admired that entire collection since it came out and this will be a perfect use for it.  Very modern and masculine at the same time.  I think I'll line it with a bright solid - maybe orange or teal...  Or course, he might pick one of the other "non-girly" ones, and one of the women might pick the Curious Nature one.  Who knows!
So as you can see, my Tasting Table is pretty much buried in laptop sleeves of various stages of completion this week, and it will stay that way for the next few days because if Blogger posts this when I told him to, I'm fishing while you're reading this.  It's hard to believe that summer has come to an end already and it's time to close up our fish camp for the year.  Hopefully we'll catch our limit first, and enjoy some nice weather before we have to head home...  Then it's back to the production line...  and sew and sew...

2 comments:

  1. There are some lovely fabrics there Kathy. Looking forward to seeing them all finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow, what a treasure collection of laptop sleeves!

    ReplyDelete

Comments from my readers make me smile!