Monday, June 10, 2013

Tasting Table Tuesday - Lanyards

Yes - I missed last week's Tasting Table Tuesday post.  Again...  But there has been SOOO much going on lately!  Some I can share - some I can't...

My parent's 60th Wedding Anniversary party is coming up on Saturday, so that has been consuming most of my time lately.  So many projects to do in order to make this party happen and my brothers and I have been working really hard to get everything done in time.  It's out-of-town for me, so we're taking our camper and using that as home-base for the few days that we'll be there.  I can't wait to share some pictures with you after the big event!

Then when we return, I'll be heading right back out for a week of babysitting my granddaughter, then the week after that we're opening up our fishing camp in Canada.  (yup - that's hubby in the front of the boat!)
 So that pretty much wipes out the entire month of June!  I have a feeling that this summer is going to fly by even faster than last year!

So - right in the middle of all of this activity, I was presented with the opportunity to enter a quilting "challenge".  The practical side of me said - "no way - are ya nuts?" - I already have more than enough going on in my life - I don't need more!  But I've always been drawn to challenges, and this one is no exception.  I just couldn't let it go.  I know - I'm crazy - but against my better judgement, I'm making a quilt.  I can't show you my progress just yet, but I can tell you that the challenge rules state that I have to use this fabric...
“Ribbit Stripe” by Alexander Henry Fabrics
...and this tool.

I only have until the 1st of July to get it done, but I only have to have the top pieced by then.  I can quilt it later.  So it's an achievable deadline - I think...  Stay tuned for pictures of my quilt after all the entries are in.  I don't want to give away any secrets!

Now - for Today's Tasting Table picture.  This is the beginning of an assembly line to make a large custom order of ID Badge Lanyards for my favorite group of teachers.
Earlier in the year I made a large batch of laptop computer sleeves for this group, and now they have asked me for lanyards.  I know I won't get them done before my series of upcoming trips, but I figured I could work on them while I'm babysitting my granddaughter.  I'll be staying at my daughter's house for the week and will need something to work on during naptime.

Now to figure out what to do with all my spare time...  Ha!

With all these trips coming up, I've decided to put my Etsy Shop, Cotton Cellar, on vacation for the rest of the month, starting on Wednesday.  Hopefully, when I re-open in July, I'll have some new items to list.

Hope you're enjoying the beginning of your summer, and if you don't hear much from me in the next few weeks, now you know why.  Busy Busy Busy!!!

Cheers!

1 comment:

Comments from my readers make me smile!