Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Tasting Table Tuesday - An almost-finished baby quilt...

I've finished quilting the baby quilt that I showed you in my previous post and I've come to the conclusion that white quilts are extremely difficult to photograph.  It's hard to get the white and the colors to all look natural - either one or the other is always a little off, no matter how much editing I do.  I'm learning every day though, so maybe I'll eventually get it figured out.  Like quilting, I guess photography is all about practice, practice, practice also...
 I stitched in the ditch of the patchwork strips and extended those lines all the way out to the edge of the quilt in both directions.  As much as I like free-motion quilting, there's still something about the look of row after row of straight neat stitches.  I guess it's my drafting background, again...
I used one of the P&B Modern Shadows fabrics that I bought a couple of weeks ago for the back, but only had one yard of it, so I added a band of one of the fabrics that I used in the patchwork strips on the front.  There's a little bit of the same gray in it, so the two go together perfectly.  I haven't done many pieced backs before, but I love how this one went together.
Now it's time to bind it and write the description for my Cotton Cellar listing...

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments from my readers make me smile!