Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Tasting Table Tuesday, Friendship Braid

I have a new project on my Tasting Table today.  A customer has asked me to make a Queen-Sized Friendship Braid quilt.  As you can see, I've been busy cutting, and cutting, and cutting some more...
Many of the fabrics were supplied by my customer, and I've supplemented them with many from my own stash as well.  There are 720 pieces in all - 360 lefts and 360 rights.  That's a lot of cutting!
I prefer to cut all my pieces to the exact size needed, including nipping off the little dog ear points, as opposed to trimming the strips down after each braided row is sewn.
That keeps my work more precise and hopefully my braids will be straight, not wonky.  It's my first Friendship Braid quilt, so we'll see how my theory works once I start sewing.

Cheers!


1 comment:

  1. Oh my word...that is a lot of cutting and pieces. I know the quilt will be beautiful because of the quality of your work.

    Smiles,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Comments from my readers make me smile!