Thursday, September 18, 2014

Braid Quilt Update

The Friendship Braid quilt is all pieced and ready to deliver to the longarm quilter.  I love how this quilt has turned out and can't wait to share it with you after it's quilted!  It's such a happy, colorful quilt.  I put a narrow blue border around the outside edge, mainly to stabilize all those bias edges, but like the look as well.  It frames the braids nicely.
 My client selected this bright golden yellow polka dot fabric for the back.
Then, as an afterthought, she asked me if I could do two quilted pillow shams to go with her new bed quilt.  Lucky, because I had just enough leftover pieces to do just that!

I quilted these myself, with four rows of zig zag stitching down the center of each braid, then stitched some straight rows in the blue background fabric.

Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments from my readers make me smile!