Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Child's Yoga Mat

My granddaughter just celebrated her 4th birthday.
I know, it doesn't seem possible that she's 4 already!

I pinned this yoga mat tutorial on Pinterest awhile ago, just because I loved the colors, then decided it would be a perfect birthday gift for Rory.  She has yoga classes at her daycare, and it also would work great as a play mat for reading, doing puzzles, or any other floor activities.


The hardest part was deciding which fabrics to use.  Everything came out of my stash, so I didn't have to buy anything!  Even the inside layer!  The tutorial calls for a section of a mattress pad, but I made my own using 3 layers of batting (a sandwich of poly/cotton/poly) between 2 pieces of white cotton.  So it is much "cushier" than a quilt with all that padding!

The whole thing rolls up and is secured with a velcro tab.
(Sorry, but I forgot to take a picture of it rolled up.)

Here is a picture of Rory doing her yoga, with the mat upside down.  Don't ask me why...
Now that she is four, she does things her own way... :)


Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I wish there were children's yoga classes near us....that is wonderful! I love the yoga mat you made.

    Smiles,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Comments from my readers make me smile!