Monday, July 24, 2017

One Block Wonder Progress Report

I didn't get a chance to write a blog post last week because I was away at a fun-filled Quilting Retreat with a great group of close friends, but I'm happy to report that I finished making ALL the hexagons for my One Block Wonder quilt!  These were so much fun to make, with three different options for each block, depending on how the triangles are arranged.

The last morning of the retreat, I quickly threw some blocks up on my design wall just to get an idea of what they might look like.  This isn't my final arrangement, by any means, but it's fun to see how they all go together.  I would like to try a circular or spiral arrangement by color.


Another highlight of our retreat was our block exchange.  The 11 people in our group spent the last 1 1/2 years making 4 sets of 11 paper-pieced basket blocks, so each person got to take home 44 different blocks to make their quilt.  Here we are going through our basket block buffet, picking up our blocks.  Can't wait to see how all 11 quilts turn out when they are done!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments from my readers make me smile!